Monday, August 16, 2010

Stumped

I have never tasted a wine so complex of flavors that I am still stumped with a food match to enhance the food or the wine. The grape is Primativo, the Italian parent of California Zinfandel. Many of today's winemakers in Italy try to emulate California style Zinfandel with their Primativos. Nice wins with a steak or red sauce pasta or pizza, but you would never ever consider them more than just nice wines. This is DIFFERENT> very different.
At first sip, I was leaning to a sweet vermouth, but the wine is not sweet. The amazing aromas and flaovrs or wild herbs and berries permeates through the nose and palate up into the brain. This is one amazing wine. but I still dont know what it works with. The wine is so fantastic it doesn't need food, but I want to find something for food fun. It has to be out there.
The wine retails for $19.99. The few customers that have already tried it are agog over it. I like the word agog.
You have never ever had a wine like this. I am going to try to clean out the supplier ASAP!
Meanwhle, I will be drinking this wine a lot trying to find the perfect, heck just a good match for it.

1 comment:

  1. How about the Gorgonzola meatloaf from Chris Scanlon at the Oregon Club...maybe

    ReplyDelete