Friday, March 26, 2010

West Coast Rocks

The other night I was worried that I was late for my daily wine blog. I was so happy when I noticed that the time stamp for this Google blog is west coast time. I can wait for my teenager to come home and only worry about him and not worry about getting this done in time. I got hours and hours to write. I must pick a wine tonight to pay tribute to the West Coast.

I don't like most Zinfandels. The red ones more than the white-pink ones. The other day a customer suggested I try Artezin Zinfandel. I did. And I loved it. 2006 Mendicino is delicious. Good fruit, not over the top fruit, balanced with some spice notes and some acid, not all alcohol. Perfect wine for catsup covered cuisine. I love that aliteration. Been using it for years.

Anyway, I also tried their Dry Creek Zinfandel, over $20 a bottle while the Mendicino is in the teens, and it was delicious too. Then I found out it was owned by Hess. Hess also makes Glen Carlou in South Africa, which I love. More on those wines on another night.

Now that west coast time has kicked in, I can lay back, wax my surfboard, and chill. Not the Zin though.

2 more down, this is fun,

No comments:

Post a Comment