Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 23

Even though my brother was a contestant on Survivor, my favorite reality TV show is Project Runway. I am amazed what the designers can create in such a short amount of time. Those who know me have to be shocked, as my fashion sense runs from Hawaiian shirts in the summer to denim shirts in the winter. No joke, that's my idea of fashion. What does that have to do about wine? How about wine from the town that is half my wardrobe.

Yes, I have tried a pineapple wine from Hawaii, but it was not umm, well, umm, nothing to say.

Chateau Grande Cassagne 2008 from the town of Costieres de Nimes, is a tasty spicy earthy fruity red for $11.99 a bottle. Perfect with grilled burgers and dogs as well as cheese and crackers and any mid-week meal, make sure you are wearing denim when you serve the wine. Yes! Denim was invented in de Nimes. De Nimes is in the south for France not far from the Italian border. The material was worn by the Italian Navy in the 1800's and most of it was shipped out of the city of Genoa. Genoa, not only famous for its salami, but it is where the term, Blue Genes came from.

Did you know that the Genovese love green vegetables more than any other food?

Did you know that tonight was the grand finale of this season's Project Runway? That's why the de Nimes was picked. And I am wearing denim shirt and blue jeans as I blog this.

No comments:

Post a Comment