Monday, April 5, 2010

A Rose by any other name

Rosado is Spanish for Rose wine. You know that pinkie colored wine that can be bone dry to unctously sweet.

I like my rose's dry, really dry. And I want them to have wonderful fruit flavors, yet still be dry.

About 6 or 7 years ago, I found one from Italy, from the Bardolino region, and it tasted like smooshed strawberries and was rich and dry. It was $20 a bottle at the time and I drank it all summer long.

The replacement for that wine is the Vina Rufina 2009 Rosado from Spain. Don't let the name Rufina fool you. It already fooled me. This delicious dry Rose has an intense aroma and flavor of fresh strawberries. It is a wacky blend of Tempranillo, red grape, Verdejo, white grape, and Albillo, unknown grape. It is only $14.99, a deal compared to my last lovable rose.

I will drink this all summer long and this Wednesday night. It is supposed to be in the 80's that day. And if it is not 80, I will drink it anyway. Gonna keep a stash in the fridge at the store too.

No comments:

Post a Comment