Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm ba-ack

Sorry for being away, but life happens. Gonna do 2-a-days like football in August til I catch up.

April 17th, more or less.

"Great Question!" Standard answer when someone asks you a tough question and you need a couple of seconds to think up a "great" answer. Yesterday, a customer asked a great question that truly was a great question. "Bob, do you have a grape I have never tried before?" GREAT QUESTION! At least from my perspective.

Bobal is the name of the grape. It is grown only in East-Central Spain mostly in the Utiel-Requena region. It grows no where else on Earth. I love the grape. The red wine produced from Bobal is unique. It reminds me of Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Cabernet all rolled into one. Kinda Sorta. The 2006 Mestizaje, make sure it is 2006, the 2005 is weak, has Bobal and 5 other grapes in the blend, but mostly Bobal. $14.99 a bottle and it pleases wine geeks and typical palates equally. It is delicious with all red meats, roasted or grilled. It is smooth and tasty and aromatic. Yes, it's wicked good for the money.

My name is Bob, my late father's Al. The name of this grape is a good omen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment