Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Co-inky-dinky

A salesman is about to leave the store without and order for the week, he turns as he is in the doorway and says "oh, that Bordeaux you like is almost gone, want any?" I love the wine and many customers do so I grab a bunch more.

Same day, first time customer walks into store and says " my friends served me a delicious Bordeaux the other night that they bought here, I would like a case."

That night an out of state friend tells me how much he loved that Bordeaux I sent him home with.

The Bordeaux? 2003 Chateau Montlisse from St. Emilion. A Cabernet Franc led Bordeaux blend from an erratic quality year that is pure delicious and tastes like Bordeaux. The heat of 2003 was not nice to many makers of Bordeaux as they tended to taste like American wines. Chateau Montlisse either got lucky or knew what they were doing. Now, it is still a 2003 vintage and I don't wan't any in my cellar 10 years from today, but for a tasty classic example of right bank Bordeaux, you get perfection for only $29.99 a bottle. Cheap by Bordeaux standards, cheap for wine of this quality. As for food, this is Bordeaux, and it loves lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment