Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crabby Cook

A long time friend, great gastronome and blogger on hiatus, Crabby Cook, texted me all agog from entertaining friends in the back yard and getting unanamous approval for Mulderbosch Rose of Cabernet as the ultimate summer wine. So I had to retest it.

I liked it so much when I first tried it in winter, I bought it. I like it more now. Dry rose with a brilliant color of dark rose, the essence of both cherry and strawberry are subtle but noticeable in the wine. I served it chilled with some very nice barbqued ribs and it was a good match, but I loved it with a wild salad of watermelon, feta, onion, cucumber, mint, parsley, balsamic and a touch of EVOO. It's hard to find any wine that works with a salad, but this salad? WOW.

Oh, I LOVE this salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment