Sunday, June 6, 2010

My ship has come in from Germany

I love Riesling, bone dry to super sweet and everywhere in between I love Riesling. It surprises many people to see the word dry with Riesling. Good. More for me and it keeps the prices down. A couple of months ago a rep brought in some German wines for me to taste and offer an opinion on. 3 stunk, 3 were very good and one was spectacular.

The spectacular one was a dry Riesling! The St. Nikolaus Hospital Bernkastler Badstube Rieslilng Hochgewachs Trocken for $19.99 a bottle is personal perfection . Sorry about the long name but if you ask for the St. Nick wine, I will get it for you. The flavor of this wine is wonderful with pork dishes, fresh water fish, salmon and trout especially and just watching the sunset. The intensity of the aroma, the crispness of the wine and the lovely color make me very happy.

Happy is good.

Bonus note.

Just drank another bottle with my bridge partners. It was freakin awesome. Subtle flavors of melon and pineapple with a zip of spritz in the wine. Even the bridge guys were oohing and ahhhing.

No comments:

Post a Comment