Friday, June 11, 2010

I aye eye

I Clivi 2007 Collio Malvasia at $19.99 a bottle is the perfect summer dry white dinner wine. Or you can guzzle it.

Rich ripe hints of peach and spice and citrus and flowers and great mouthfeel. When I sampled it, I gave the rep and goofy smile and refused to spit it out. It was that yum. I believe it will stand up to salads, swim well with fish, and work well with grilled thingies.

I Clivi is the winery, Collio is the region so far north and east in Italy that you are practically in some Slavic country. The churches up here have onion domes. Malvasia is the name of the grape. With the proximity to some former part of Yugoslavia, I betcha this is great with ham and pork dishes come the fall. But I expect all of it to be gone this summer. It is just too good for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment