Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shhhhhh again

One of my favorite sleeper wines of California is the Ferrari-Carano Sienna. The 2007 is in the store, but not for long, at $29.99 a bottle. I tasted a bottle last night with some steak tips. The wine was a PERFECT match. I called the wholesaler first thing this morning and just like a Sam Jones bank shot, I was too late. You have to be over 50 to know the provenance of that reference. Anyway, Sienna is a Sangiovese blend from California. Think of a super-Tuscan around $100 a bottle for the same quality. This is a wine, if you can't get some from me, you really should try and find some. It's that wonderful with a steak on the grill.

Oh and Jeff, I have put a couple of bottles away for you for your bride. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I will look forward to enjoying this tasty libation. By the way, Wanda remembers Sam Jones and she educated me as to the reference. Good thing she is here for the sporty stuff and good thing for you on the grape stuff!

    ReplyDelete