Monday, June 28, 2010

From the cellar

I have a sweet tooth. I love well made sweet wines. I buy too many for the store and myself.

Tonight I met up with some friends for some quahogs done Portugese style, and pork tenderloin with mango salsa, ricotta polenta and garlic broccoli. I don't do dessert.

My friends, who were enjoying a delicious homemade cheesecake without any topping, went crazy over a half bottle of 1998 Kracher #4 Welschriesling Trockenbeerenauslese. It displayed the typical honey-apricot flavors but but but, it had amazing brown spice flavors, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, as well as drying acidity that made the wine taste not too sweet. It was a head slapper and a thigh banger. For those of you that don't know me and since this is on the internet so for the billions of you that don't know me, I have this habit of either slapping my head or banging on my thighs when I get excited about a great wine and/or a great wine and food pairing. This was a double.

No comments:

Post a Comment