Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dry Riesling and more

Months ago a rep came in and tasted me on a bunch of German wines with mixed results. That's being kind. The wines were all average with the exception of one of the best DRY German Rieslings ever. I am embarrased to say I don't have the wine's name here, but will edit this tomorrow. It is $19.99 a bottle, dry, and delicious. It is a classic, you cound not mistake it for anything but a great dry Riesling. I am bumming a bit because my bride just made a yummy slowed roasted chicken that would be awesome with the Riesling.

I couple of blogs ago, I mentioned the Paul Cluver Pinot Noir. The 25 cases arrived today. I have had the wine again, and my words do not do it justice. I have learned that its flavors and aromas expand exponentially with time. I suggest a 3 yes three hour breathing time as a minimum to allow the flavors to properly expand. Pour it in a decanter if you have one, make sure the decanter is clean. This wine will improve in your cellar for 5-10 years, although it is wicked awesome now. If you are an early planner, there will be no better wine with your Thanksgiving turkey this year or your holiday roast of beef. I tell you this now because people who know wine will buy this by the case. I am already trying to get more more more more.

No comments:

Post a Comment