Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April 30

See that comment on the side of the blog, I taste all the bad wines so you don't have to.? Today was a bad day. I tasted more cruddy wines today, really bad stuff, that my tongue wanted to slap me silly. But I perservered.

Mozafresca, sounds like a soda pop, is a tasty inexpensive dry white blend from Spain. The 2008 at $9.99 a bottle is a blend of two local varieties of grapes, Dona Blanca and Godello. I don't know much about the Dona Blanca yet, but the Godello is an up and coming grape. The wine is dry light and crisp in the Pinot Grigio style, but it has more flavor that is kind of hard to put your tongue on, so let's just say a hint of earth, spice and fruit. Just a hint though. I could see this wine served with assorted tapas, apps or grilled seafood. Even a tuna sandwich would work. Nice wine to have in the fridge for impromptu anything this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment