Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7

On a previous day I blogged about a yummy Spanish Rose, Vina Rufina Rosada. My Mom took a bottle home and reports that as tasty as it was the first night, the rest of the bottle tasted better the next night. She stored the unused wine in the fridge too.

Here's another new grape for me, Airen.

I just bought an Airen from Spain. It is a light dry white wine that retails for $9.99. The rep tasted me on the wine twice before I bought it. The first time I was so unprepared for its flavor, it shocked me, and frightened me a little, yes wine tasting can be scarey, so I asked for a retry. The second time, a few weeks later, it was exactly the same. This is a good thing because the bottle variance with a wine that I have no track record scares me. I have to get over this phobia.

The wine is light and dry, and Pinot Grigioish, but it has the amazing flavor of pear and banana. Think about that combo pears and bananas. Weird, yet delicious. Not sweet at all. Its all about the perfume of the wine. Waiting for the next hot day to give it a go at home, while watching the boys do the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment