Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reverse

Til now the posts have been about new arrival wines. This is a reverse.

One of the biggest selling magnum bottles of wine in the store is Cavit Pinot Grigio. It has been a big selling staple in the store for years. We buy it 100 cases at a time to keep the price competitive. I was down to my last 20 cases and put my order in for the next batch of 100. UNTIL

A very good customer with a very good palate had a glass of the new vintage, 2009, and found it to be very different. Think of you order a Coke at a fast food joint and you get iced coffee, black no sugar. Still a nice beverage but not what you expected.

The 2009 Cavit Pinot Grigio is very different. If you like the 2008 and before, you will be surprised. I have a dozen or so cases of the 2008. I will not be buying the 2009. Salesmen are bringing in new samples daily. I will find another good magnum of affordable Pinot Grigio.

No comments:

Post a Comment