Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hits from BNO

24 hours later and I am recovered.

Too much food and wine, I was full with the 5th appetizer.

Moe, Larry, the cheese course was amazing as always. And as always the best wine with oodles of cheeses is Alsatian whites with a bit, not a lot, of sweetness. For this cheese course the Marcel Deiss Altenberg Gran Cru 2000 was served. A blend of I don't know how many different grapes, rich enough to be Vendange Tardive but Deiss doesn't label this as such. It was equally delicious with the Spanish goat cheese, through a traditional Brie, melded with my favorite cheese known to me as Super Max and handled both a dolce Gorgonzola and an insanely delicious Roquefort. And if that wasn't enough, a bottle of the same wine from the 1995 vintage was also enjoyed.

Now to rest until the next BNO sometime during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment