Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hooray

Finally up to date and it took too long.

So one of my sarcastic customers who reads the blog but won't be a follower, you KNOW who you are, asks me who I think should play me in the Julie, Julia then Bob movie. I KNOW this will never happen, so I am going right to the top, George Clooney. Irreverent he can play. Plus he looks wicked good in a beard and grey hair. He will just have to learn to dress down.

Suppose George wanted to do some character research and wanted to have dinner with me and I had to pick out a wine. OMG. Choke city.

I remember reading in one of those supermarket checkout tabloids that he either has a house in Italy or vacations there. Time to bring out one of my favorite wines. The 1979 Masi Amarone Aligheri. Forget price, this is not for sale. Out of my personal cellar this 31 year old wine has indescribable aromas and flavors. I bought too many cases back in the early 80's on the brilliant advice of a former salesman. Today, it is one of my top all time red dinner wines. I would serve it to George with simply grilled kidney lamb chops, fat buttered asparagus tossed with pecorino, and a mushroom red wine risotto. Hmm, I should mention that dish at our next Boys Night Out, and that night is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment