Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Wine

My Mom loves big rich complex tasting red wines.

Sounds like Chateauneuf du Pape.

I love Chateauneuf du Pape with a steak on the grill. The 2007 CdP from Vieux Lazaret is delicious at $34.99 a bottle. It also comes in half bottles at $19.99. A blend of up to 13 different varieties of grapes from the Rhone Valley of France gives complexity to the wine. The most common varieties used are Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Grenache. Spice, smoke, earth and fruit make a nice combo in any wine. The 2007 vintage is fabulous throughout the Rhone. This is exceptional quality for the dough. In addition, the wine will age well for 5-10 years with proper storage. It's good to open this wine at least a half hour before serving. Pour it into a decanter if you like, it only will help.

My little birdies are telling me the 2009 will be spectacular, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment